15 healthy habits for a healthy lifestyle
“Healthy is not a goal its a way of living”.
Before reading this article , i would like you to do a small task to ask some questions to yourself :-
Are you living a healthy life ?
Do you sleep well everyday ?
How healthy are you ?
Do you have a balance weight ?
Do you exercise daily ?
Do you have a proper food diet ?
if the answer to all above questions is “NO” , then the point is to figure out where are you today so you can set your healthy living goals. This article is about to share some tips to readers about how they can improve their actions to have a healthy lifestyle and avoid actions (bad habits) that make a unhealthy living. By adopting these habits you will make today healthier than yesterday and pave the way for healthy living for tomorrow, too.
Taking the first step towards a healthy lifestyle is overwhelming, and you will realise that by adopting these simple habits will bring a great change in your life.
1) Get enough sleep: Those who sleep less than seven hours a night die younger and lack of sleep causes premature ageing and you wouldn’t want that so rest well and get seven to eight hours of sleep per night.
2) Love yourself: Always love yourself , Happiness means loving yourself and being less concerned
with the approval of others. no body can make you happy until you are happy with yourself first. so start loving yourself from today.
3) Meditate: we also heard this one too that “meditation is good for you” but in what terms ?. I list up some scientific benefits from meditation as below:-
1) It increases mental strength and focus.
2) It improves memory retention and recall.
3) Lessens worry, anxiety and impulsivity.
4) Lessens stress, fear loneliness and depression.
5) It prevent emotional eating and smoking.
you can start experiencing the benefits by meditating 20 minutes per day for a few weeks.
4) Going outside or Morning walk: Its great way to start your day, It is important for people to be one with nature. people who live close to green space are healthier than those who live father away from it. It freshens your mind. Regular morning walk improves your appetite and gives you energy for all the day.
5) Eat lunch like a king: Many of us have heard to make breakfast the biggest meal of your day , but when you wake up you may not be that hungry . In fact your biggest meal should be around noon when your digestion is at peak and you can feed your body when it actually need fuel.
6) Spend time with loved ones: According to many researches , people who have strong “social networks” (loving friends and family members) have many health benefits. Love and friendship makes everything so much better. So go call your brother or party with your friend.
7) Pick exercise you enjoy: Pick a exercise or sports that you enjoy. exercise is not about suffering and pushing yourself. it about being healthy and having fun at the same time. Doing exercise daily will bring tremendous benefits to our health including increase of life span and lowering risk of diseases , weight loss.
8) Don’t smoke or if you already smoke quit it: “Every time you light up a cigarette you are saying that your life isn’t worth living”. smoking causes many effects which includes mood stimulation, poor vision, coughing, lung cancer, heart disease ,bad teeth infertility.
Quitting before 35 can almost entirely eliminate that risk. So sooner you quit the longer you will live.
9) Eat more fruits and vegetables: Fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals. for example orange offers more health benefit than Vitamin c pills. People who eat lots of fruits and veggies also happen to have lower rates of cardiovascular disease. So fill you plate with all the fruits.
10) Drinking more water: Most of us don’t drink enough water everyday . Water is a kind of magical substance. water prevents kidney stones by keeping you kidneys working overtime. it also nourishes skin and very essential for people who work out. drinking more water alone actually aids in losing weight.
11) Live a life with purpose: Positive health starts from within. Live your life with a meaning. Discover your purpose in life. you will feel more happiness than as you were in your past. So discover you life goals.
12) Throw out negativity from yourself:
“See the positive side, the potential, and make an effort” – Dali Lama.
one small negative thought can turn into : a huge , speeding ball of ugliness. on the contrary , small positive thought can have the same blossoming into a beautiful outcome. Always surround yourself with positive people. Always remember no one is perfect and let yourself move forward.
13) Eat small meals: Choose several small meals over a few big meals a day. This balance out the energy distribution throughout the day. In general eat when you feel hungry and stop when you are full.
14) Say no to oily food : Stop intake of fast food, fries , chips and foods that have been deep fried. deep fried food harms your digestive system , cause to cardiovascular diseases. Excess consumption associated with fried food may cause you to become overweight or obese. excess body weight increases your risk for many medical conditions, including high blood pressure ,stroke, diabetes , fatty liver , asthma and menstrual. So try better alternatives , such as grilled, steamed ,stir-fried or even raw food.
15) End your crappy relationship sooner, rather than later: Life is short and you deserves to be treated right. Bad relationships can actually have negative impact on your health. According to many researches it is found that women in good marriages have fewer incidents of cardiovascular problems than women in bad marriages. Also people with heart problems in stressful marriages were 2.9 times more than people who were happily coupled.